Thursday, October 05, 2006

Introducing Matt By Kathleen

I had got a letter in the post today, but it was suspicious because the letters and the words had been cut out of magazines. It read:
Listen up,
Meet me in the ally down the road from where you live, at four o’clock today.
From Anonymous

I was puzzled, I looked at my watch and it was already half past three!
So I got my jacket on ran out the door and ran down the street as fast as my legs could carry me. When I had got there it was about ten to, so I decided to wait. The ally was dark and dingy, plus it was cold and there was rats scurrying everywhere.
“Oh good your early” came a voice from the shadows.
“W-who’s there?” I asked walking slowly into the shadows.
“My names Matt, what’s yours?” ‘Matt’ seemed quite cheery but I was still quite conscious that he might be saying he’s someone when he isn’t. The man stepped out of the shadows he was wearing – a pair of brown trousers and a greyish shirt which was tucked in but a little bit hanging out, his eyes where green and determined. I could also see he had odd socks on and his hair was really scruffy he also had a pointy nose that was quite long and he seemed to be grinning all the time.
“I called you here today because … well since you’re a part time detective I was wondering if you could help me find my puppy it went missing a week ago! It has got a spot on its back and he’s a Labrador, could you help me, I eat when I’m sad I eat and I’ve been eating too much lately.” Matt was sad, I just had to help him. He looked fat the moment I met him and now I understood why.
“I’ll help you; find your dog.” I replied.
“Thank you, I’m ever so grateful.” Matt was happy and so was I.

3 Comments:

At 4:40 AM, Blogger St Flannan's said...

star It's a great story and I love the character.

star I like the description, you're a great story teller.

wish I didn't really like the part when the man came out of the shadows.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger St Flannan's said...

Star I loved the part when he told you to meet him at the alley.

Star I liked the ajectives plus the detail.


Wish You used too many 'and's.

Francesca.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Killermont Primary School Writing Projects said...

Thank you

Your comments are very helpful
and I will take it on board.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home