Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Tempest modernised by bruce

Scene - A Mediterranean island in the fifteenth centaury.
Narrator – Prospero and Ariel are talking after Prospero has destroyed a ship, carrying the King of Nepals and the Duke of Milan.
Prospero – Ha, devoted Ariel
Prospero - Are all the sailors spread out over the island as I asked?
Ariel – They are, good master (very soft)
Prospero – And where is Ferdinal, Aloso’s son
Ariel – Close by, he grieves because he thinks his father has drowned
Prospero – He hasn’t drowned (annoyed) he is lost on this very island with my brother Antonio
Narrator– This brings back old memories as Prospero sighs
Prospero – Twelve years ago when I was Duke of Milan my wife died, because of this I didn’t see the plot by Antonio and King Alonso to overrule me, they overthrew me and Antonio took my place

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home